Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Kisses From Heaven - Jennifer Greene Loren Shephard is a hardworking, proud woman who is trying to keep what is left of her family together, financially and emotionally. The family consists of her younger sister who is selfish and lazy and the grandfather who gets drunk on Friday's because he lost his wife on a Friday. They were once very well to do, but the family fortune was lost. Loren meets Bucky on a Friday while trying to retrieve her drunk grandfather from a sleazy bar. She thinks he is some out of work bum who would steal from her.
Bucky winds up slipping his way into her life and falling in love with her. She has feelings for him too, but when she finds out he is rich, she wants nothing to do with him.
The story was a quick read and predictable. Loren spent way too much time and effort pushing Bucky away. I had knots in my stomach reading this and I just wanted to slap her. It didn't feel right that Bucky fell in love with her so fast, it just felt too forced. This was more of a 2 1/2 star read.