Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Sweet Release - Pamela Clare Wonderful escape to pre-Revolutionary Eastern America. This is a time period I love to read about, but so few romantic fiction novels are set in this era and place. The story seems to be well researched by the author, a big plus.
Alec Kenleigh is a wealthy English gentleman who owns a family shipping business. He had to take drastic measures with his brother Phillip due to his heavy drinking, gambling and whoring. The brother is resentful and next thing you know, Alec is being attacked while traveling in his carriage after breaking up with his mistress. When he regains consciousness he finds he is an indentured convict who is now owned by the beautiful Cassie Blakewell and now living in Lancaster county Virginia. They believe his name to be Cole Braden.
All the characters in this book are very 3 dimensional and play well in the story. The story itself has many facets and twists and turns. I couldn't put this book down and was sorry to see it end. I won't give away the plot, too much going on with this book to be able to do it justice. Great love story and some hot romantic scenes. I am happy to see there are 2 more books that follow this one and can't wait to read them!