Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
A Seductive Offer - Kathryn Smith Lord Braven (Brave)saves Rachel Ashton's life when he finds her struggling for her life in the river on his property. He had 2 years prior, been in love with Miranda, his friends sister, and she had committed suicide by drowning herself. He thinks if he saves Rachel, he will redeem himself for not being able to save Miranda. Brave is a very noble man who lives with much angst and guilt. Rachel is a brave woman who lives with her abused mom and abusive stepfather. She tells Brave that her stepfather is trying to force her into a marriage of his choosing. The man he is making her marry is a 50 year old disgusting pervert. Brave of course does all he can to save her, as he is instantly attracted to her and this is the first time in 2 years that he feels good about anything.
I like this book as it wasn't filled with all the fluff and nonsense you usually find in historical romances. The book also touches on mental illness as Brave was so depressed for the 2 years prior, that his family and friends had convinced him to be treated by a Dr that "treats the mind"