Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Once in a Blue Moon - Penelope Williamson Jessalyn Letty falls in love with McCady Trelawny the summer of her 16th year. McCady becomes obsessed with her, but tries to show indifference. Every Trelawny has died in debt and in utter disgrace so he avoids his feelings for her. He has had a terrible life so far. His father ( a complete cad) dies when he was about 10 and he was forced to live with his older brothers who taught him nothing but the worst vices while he was so young. You get the impression that he was violated but it is never exactly spoken. When it is time for him to leave and rejoin his military unit, Jessalyn declares her love for him and begs him not to leave her. But he breaks her heart and leaves..
When they meet again, it is 5 years later and she has grown into the woman he knew she would be. This is a compelling story of deep love that no matter what comes in between the lovers, and there are many many things thrown in their path, their love holds strong and true. There are no easy paths for these two, their way to each other is difficult and strewn with obstacles. There are many twists and turns,and great characters that are well developed. The unrequited love they have for each other is at times heart wrenching. This is one of those books that you will rethink some of the other stories that you gave 5 stars to.. somehow they don't all hold up to this one.