Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
The Edge of Town - Dorothy Garlock While into the first chapter, I was thinking that I was not going to like this book at all. The main character, Julie Jones is a 20 year old girl living on a farm in 1920's Ms. with her father and 5 siblings. The fathers name is Jethro and the siblings are Jill, Joy, Jake, Joe and Jason. Silly right? I am happy to report, that I loved this story and am glad I went on rather than dismissing it.
These people were all very hard working, loving individuals who were all so well defined that I WAS able to keep all the J names straight! Julie falls in love with Evan Johnson, who comes back to his family ranch after being away from home since his mother sent him to live with his grandparents at age 12 due to his rotten, no good, drunken father. Their courtship was just very sweet.
Jethro falls for a woman who is detested by everyone in this family. He moves her and her daughter into the home and lots of problems and anguish stem from this.
There is a rapist on the loose who targets girls between 13-16, as well as a murderer. I had plenty of thoughts on who the rapist might be, but never guessed who it actually was.
This is a sweet touching story and I fell in love with everyone in this tight-knit loving farm family. There are no hot love scenes, so if you need that in your stories, you might not like this one.