Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
The Wives of Bowie Stone - Maggie Osborne In the town of Passions crossing, a county ordinance allows a woman to marry a convicted man to save him from hanging. There were 4 men facing the noose and Rosie Mulvehey has first choice. After dismissing 3 men, she picks Captain Bowie Stone. Rosie is in desperate need of a man to help her get in her crop. She is marrying for this reason only, she is not interested in an actual relationship. For that matter, neither is Bowie Stone.
Rosie has been severely physically and sexually abused by her deceased step father. She thinks that if she can get in a profitable crop, just once, she will have won and have her revenge against HIM. Rosie is quite a character. She does not bathe, wears men's clothes, she is an alcoholic and cusses and swears like a man.

Bowie is not looking to fix Rosie but he is a good man and has a good heart. He comes to realize that underneath all that grime and men's clothes, Rosie has a heart of gold. Bowie was wrongly accused and is empty like the walking dead due to all that has happened to him. When he sees Rosie while taking a bath, he is shocked to see she is actually a very beautiful woman.

There are many twists and turns to this story, there is a secondary story going on with Bowie's family back east. A very emotional and page turning read that deals with many unsavory issues.