Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
The Hostage - Susan Wiggs * Must love big strong half Indian mountain men, who will walk through miles and miles of life threatening blizzards to save his woman*
Deborah Sinclair is an heiress who is engaged to be married to a man from an aristocratic family mainly because her father wants this marriage. Something happened with this fiance' and she goes to her father to tell him she will not marry this man. Her father ignores this and next thing you know all of Chicago is on fire and they are getting ready to flee. In comes Tom Silver, (Big strong mountain man)whose intention is to kill Deborah's father in an act of revenge. Instead of killing the father, he takes Deborah hostage to his home, a remote island/fishing village.
A great story which Deborah discovers herself and how unfulfilled her life really was. And of course there is the love story... ~sigh~