Daizydee

Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
A Week From Sunday - Dorothy Garlock 3 1/2 stars

After the death of her father, Adrianna Moore, now alone in the world, is confronted by her fathers lawyer, Richard Pope who claims to her that her father changed his will at the last minute making him the executor of his estate. He states that he is completely in charge of her, her money, her house, her fathers bank, everything. He tells her that in order for her to retain all these thing that she will marry him a week from Sunday. She is so appalled and repulsed by him ( He is 20 years her senior, and quite disgusting) that she gets in the car and takes off to try to find a relative that may take her in.
She winds up crashing her car into a truck during a storm. She meets hunky lumberjack/bar owner, Quinn Baxter and agrees to live at his house to help with his bedridden brother and to play piano in his bar to repay the costs of the accident. Naturally, Adrianna and Quinn are very attracted to each other.
At Quinn's house trouble is brewing with Lola his lazy good for nothing housekeeper who has designs/delusions of getting Quinn to marry her.... Meanwhile, Richard had discovered that Adrianna has fled and is driving through Louisiana looking for her.

While the plot is hard to believe ( I am quite sure even in the 30's, an executor could not get away with what Richard is claiming) its easy to overlook because the writing flows so well and you just get carried away with the story. I find Dorothy Garlock's stories never leave me bored and skimming through the pages to get on with it. Her characters are well written and believable. What I didn't like is that too many things going on at the same time in the end. Then it all gets wrapped up nice and tight in a pretty little package.