Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Turn Left At The Daffodils - Elizabeth Elgin I Listened to the audio version of this.
The description was not quite accurate. Carrie never became pregnant, I wonder why it states that? There were actually 3 girls this book centered on. I did read that the author passed away before this book was finished, so perhaps it was not written as the author intended.
The book was quite long and a lot of depth was put into what it was like living in England during WWII. Specifically, what it was like to be in the ATS.
Carrie was meant to be the main character I think, but it was Nan's story that stole the show.
Carrie is engaged to be married and she did everything she could to avoid this wedding, including joining the army. She allowed her mother, fiance', and her fiance's mother to completely run her life. She had no backbone at all and even when she realized that she was in love with another (She meets up with Todd, her teenage crush in the last 1/4 of the book) she still does not end things. I wanted to slap her silly.