Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
As You Desire - Connie Brockway This book is set in Victorian era Caro, Egypt. I loved the main characters, Desdemona Carlisle and Harry Braxton. Desdemona was a child prodigy who was never allowed a childhood by her parents. When they died, she was sent to live with her Grandfather in Egypt. Harry, had a difficult childhood as a dyslexic living in England. He was tormented throughout his youth by his "affliction" which was considered to be a form of retardation. When he was thrown out of Oxford for "cheating" he went to live in Egypt. Harry loved Desdemona, Desdemona loved Harry. They both had their own reasons for not letting the other know about their own feelings.
Harry was the knight in shining armour in this book, but Desdemona was unable to see him this way, even though she was a hopeless romantic. This is a very sweet romantic tale that is full of action and suspense. This book is going on my re-read shelf!