Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
The Journey - Wanda E. Brunstetter We meet Titus Fisher a young Amish man who lives in Pennsylvania with his parents. Titus has a twin brother who he compares himself to and falls short in his mind. He has been in love with Phoebe for 5 years and while their parents have not allowed him to court her due to her young age, she has finally turned 18 and an age where they can be together and marry. Pheobe decides she is going to try the ways of the English and go to California with her friend. She wants to have some fun, and refuses to marry or court Titus. Suffering from a broken heart, he moved to Kentucky after and offer of a woodworking job from a family friend. He feels that he needs to be away from the memories of his love and to be able to make it on his own so his parents will stop treating him like a child.
Working for the Yoder family in Kentucky, he meets Suzanne Yoder a 22 year old Amish woman who enjoys woodworking rather than cooking and being inside. He he does not want anything to do with her as she looks just like Pheobe. He starts to court Suzanne's best friend but the sparks don't fly there.
Eventually he gets to know Suzanne better and is discovering that she is nothing like Pheobe and that they have a lot of common interests.
This story was very sweet and I just loved Titus and Pheobe. I was a little confused by some of the characters in Lancaster, it seemed that I was missing something and I now realize Wanda E. Brunstetter has many Amish stories out and it seems they are characters from previous books. It did not take away from the story, it just makes me want to pick up some of the previous novels. This was a nice, clean christian book that was a refreshing read.