Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
My One and Only - Kristan Higgins I was fortunate enough to receive a pre publication copy of this book to review.
Kristan Higgins' writing is fresh and very enjoyable! The characters are 3 dimensional, like a friend. The romance is just the right touch. The only thing I didn't like about this book, is that it ended.
Harper Lee James is a divorce attorney who has no faith at all in love. She is surrounded by people who in her mind, make all the wrong decisions when it comes to love and marriage. She has just asked her boyfriend of 3 years for his hand in marriage. Dennis seems very reluctant to give her an answer and you already know, this is not a love match. While she sat there waiting on his answer, her sister calls to let her know she is getting married and expects Harper to be there. She then finds out her sister is marrying her X's half brother.
When her X husband is thrown back into her life, all her walls start crumbling and her defenses start spinning out of control. You see, Nick still loves her even after 12 years. I found myself rooting hard for her and her sigh worthy X, Nick.