Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Baby Love - Catherine Anderson I truly wanted to like this book. I have loved everything I have read from Catherine Anderson so my expectations were maybe too high. It had all the elements I usually like, meaning hot tortured hero, but there were too many things in this story that I just could not overlook. First of all, an alcoholic is not going to just STOP drinking brought on by some epiphany from his dead wife over a girl he does not know at all. And if he did, he would be going through withdrawal big time! But he was still adorable so I will leave him alone. (the only reason I gave this book 2 stars)I read a lot of stuff that is just contrived to fit the pieces in place and usually I can overlook it for the sake of fiction or the story as a whole. Secondly, the girl was 24 years old, meaning she was about 21 when Lonnie started raping her. Yet she did not acknowledge this was rape??? After being beaten so severely, if she went to the police, they would not arrest this man, force him out of the home and keep him away from not only her and the baby the 10 year old sister??? Order of protection? no? Lets talk about the mother, after she was left brain damaged, social services or some agency would have stepped in, if for nothing else than to be sure she was being taken care of or that her 10 year old daughter was at least. Pfffst... if the girl was 17 or 18 maybe she would not know where to go or what to do, but she was 24 years old for crying out loud!! Ok, no actually I can't leave Rafe alone. Just a bit too convenient that he had a $$4,000 ring around his neck? An alcoholic riding the rails for two years would have lost it, had it stolen or hocked it well before 2 years. ok, I'm done ranting!