Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Slave to Sensation - Nalini Singh I am not sure exactly why I liked this book so much. It has been sitting in my bookcase for a long time, constantly being moved down and over to make way for the books I felt were more important. Boy, could I kick myself! Maybe because I had burned myself out with PNR books last year. This story differs from the rest that I have read. For one thing, no vamps and I am glad for that. Not that I have anything against vamps, but there is just so many ways to be different with them. This book is about Psy's who are a completely non feeling, non emotional cold race of people who are the rulers. Changelings, who are shifters, a very close, caring, tactile group and humans.
Sascha Duncan is a Psy whose mother is one of the council leaders, a very strong psy. Sascha Duncan is flawed. She can feel. She believes herself doomed to be committed, destroyed. She is able to build up walls in her mind so that she can hide her flaws from the mind network that all psy's are a part of. You can feel her loneliness and her very strong need for touch and her need to be close to someone. She broke my heart. When she meets Lucas Hunter, Major hunka-hunka alpha male,who happens to be leader of his pack, her walls start to crumble. He is able to see right through her walls. They start off thrown together to work on a building project, they wind up together trying to stop a serial killer.
It was very easy to get to know and understand the strong characters in this story including the secondary ones, as they were so well written. Enough steam to make me sigh,plus lots of warm fuzzy feelings in this book. I find myself very anxious to start on the rest of this series.