Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
A Marriage of Inconvenience (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #1) - Susanna Fraser Wonderfully written story that had me hooked from the first line.
Lucy Jones was orphaned at a young age and eventually was taken in by her Aunt and Uncle. They were not kind to her and she learned to adapt by holding in her emotions. She and her cousin become secretly engaged and while she is very happy about it, she questions why he wants to marry her.
While visiting her female cousins fiance's family to prepare for the wedding, she meets James Wright-Gordon, who she connects with right away. Lots of sensual tension between them. Meanwhile her fiance' falls for James' sister Anna and after finding out the family fortune has been lost, he proposes to Anna without first breaking off the engagement with Lucy. To complicate matters to the extreme, James and Lucy are found in a compromising position and James steps up to the plate to marry her. Plenty of twists, turns and shocking secrets throughout that kept me so captivated that I had trouble putting this down.