Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
The Devil to Pay - Liz Carlyle I keep thinking that eventually I will read a Liz Carlyle book that just doesn't do it for me. Well this wasn't the one! I absolutely loved this book! Devellyn was just awesome. He was a big giant of a man, but he acted like a little lost puppy. He is so awkward and sweet.. but he is also thoughtless and selfish, but not when it comes to Sidonie. For example:

Sidonie,” he said, his voice strangely hoarse. “You are the most—I mean, you are so…I find you…ah, devil take it! Never mind!”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Nothing,” he growled. “I misspoke. What did you say about oranges?”
--------------
Or when she was asking him about his latest mistress, she was under the mistaken impression that he tossed her out, when actually all of his past mistresses ( and there were something like 8 in the past year) had all dumped him:

The marquess shrugged, as if his failings did not matter, and drifted closer to the window, where he stood looking out at the fading sunlight. “The truth is, Sidonie, I don’t fare well with women.” He spoke coolly, and without looking at her. “It is my own fault, of course. I…I neglect them. I forget where I’m supposed to be, and when I’m supposed to be there. I’m irresponsible. I drink to excess, gamble to excess, and sometimes I brawl. I never remember special occasions. And I very often go to sleep before they’ve…
well, never mind that.” Devellyn fell silent for a moment. “And I cheat on them,” he quietly added. “Dreadfully. Did I mention that?”

“You did not,” she answered. “But a full disclosure of one’s fidelity, or even one’s skill in the bedroom, is not, strictly speaking, necessary before having dinner with someone.”

Devellyn smiled down at her a little wearily. “Ah, Sid, I have no charm at all, have I?” he said almost regretfully.

... Sigh.... you just gotta love this guy!