Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
The Raven Prince - Elizabeth Hoyt A very engaging story about how beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Anna and Edward start off on rough ground after he almost tramples her on the road. She gives him some witty, sassy talk which surprises him. He is gruff and has a short fused explosive temper.
Edward is very self conscious of his severe scarring from having the pox when he was young. This bout with the pox, took his whole family when he was a young teen, he was the only one who survived. He finds in his life many people are repelled by his scars including his deceased wife.
Anna's scars are inside. Her husband had been unfaithful to her and left her sexually unfulfilled the last 2 years of her 4 year marriage because she was believed to be barren.
Edward winds up with Anna as his secretary. I loved the way he was so thoughtful to her when he first meets her. He insists on having his carriage bring her home as her home is 3 miles away, and he insists that she not bring her meals that she will eat with him. You don't expect this from him being he is so gruff.
There is very strong chemistry between them, but they each force themselves not to act on it each for their own reasons. You could feel the charge in the air between them, and throughout the book, just strongly pull for a HEA between them.
I am anxious to read the rest of the series as this book has me wanting more from this author!