Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
The Perfect Rake (Merridew Series) - Anne Gracie This is my first Anne Gracie book and I am certain will be the first of many! What a delightful surprise this book was. It was cute, sad, sexy, funny and dark all within these well written 368 pages.
This story could have been very dragged down in angst given the life Prudence Merridew has lived so far. Orphaned at 11 along with her 4 younger sisters. Forced to live with a brutal grandfather, raped by her "betrothed" along with other horrors of her life. When she flees to London taking her siblings in tow to the home of her great uncle, she begins to tangle herself up in a web of lies to try to save her sisters and help them find husbands.
The story takes a screwball comedy type of a turn when she tells her granduncle that she is betrothed to a Duke ( because she believed this Duke is a hermit who never comes to London) Upon finding out the Duke is in residence in London and granduncle plans on paying a visit to him in the morning, Prudence makes sure she gets there first. She mistakes Gideon for the Duke and he plays along. Things spiral out of control at this point and I found myself laughing out loud from the dialogue between Prudence and Gideon.
... loved the part where she was out with her reticule made of netting :)

I am eager to read the rest of this story as all the sisters were adorable!