Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Courting Miss Hattie - Pamela Morsi Miss Hattie Colfax is a 29 year old spinster who has been successfully running her small town Arkansas farm with the help of her 25 year old best friend/ neighbor, Reed Tyler.
Reed has been helping then sharecropping on this farm since he was about 12-13 years old. He and Hattie are great friends and she has promised to sell him the farm. He has dreams of growing rice on the farm and is saving to buy the place so he can marry his pretty little fiance'.
Hattie knows that she is no beauty, she has been called Horse Face Hattie behind her back for all of her life. When she gets news that recent widower, Ancil Drayton ( one of her childhood tormentors)has decided to court her, she realizes that this may be her only opportunity to have the life she always dreamed of.. marriage, children ( Well Ancil already has 7 or 8 of them) When the courting begins and Ancil wants to "spark" with her, she shys away because she has never been kissed and is afraid of doing it wrong. Who better to teach her how than her best friend Reed! After some sweet peaches from Reed, can either of them resist each other??

I absolutely loved this book! There are some great side stories going on as well as a lot of romantic tension (and release).