Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1) - Lynne Connolly I very much enjoyed this story and am looking forward to reading more of the series. I don't really believe in love at first sight, (lust at first sight, yeah, THAT I believe) but allowed myself to ignore my beliefs and just go with the flow of the relationship between Rose and Richard. Their relationship was really touching and sweet. I didn't think I would like Richard at first, when we were first shown him, he was dressed like a peacock complete with wig and makeup. Rose's thoughts at this first meeting were that he was the most beautiful man she had ever seen. I guess we are just so used to most modern authors of this period showing us what we modern day people would find appealing rather than as it actually was. This story felt to me like it was actually written in the late 1700's rather than a modern day author. I loved the very gothic feel and wonderful descriptions to this story as well as the well developed personalities of the characters.
There were two big issues that Rose and Richard were dealing with. The first was the apparent tampering with a carriage that caused the deaths of Rose's cousins and Richards betrothal to Miss Cartwright in which she refused to break the engagement.
I would loved to have given this 5 stars, but there were too many editing errors that made me have to stop and reread in order to understand what was trying to be said. Also with 2 Miss Cartwright's and too many Hareton persons I had to work too hard to figure out which they were talking about. The story was narrated in 1st person, which is something I actually like, but I know a lot of readers can't deal with that.