Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
A Stolen Heart - Candace Camp A surprisingly delightful story that starts the prologue 20 years prior to the main story. We see Lady Chilton, Simone, packing up her three small children along with a locket for each of her daughters and for her son, the family ring of the Earls of Exmoor which belongs to the children's father. Simone's plan is to bring the children to her trusted un-named friend so she can get them safely out of Paris in the middle of the Revolution.

We meet Alexandra Ward, a wealthy American who runs the family Tea business, who arrives from America to London on business. She forced Sebastian, Lord Thorpe's man of business to bring her to his house so she can meet him and ogle his artifacts from India. Sparks fly between the two and he invites her to a ball. There she meets the Countess of Exmoor, who when she saw Alexandra, exclaimed "Simone" then dropped into a faint.
From there, we find that the Countess believes that Alexandria might be her Granddaughter even though they all believed the children died in the Paris mobs. This leads to many attempts at Alexanders life as well as her "mothers". Her "mother" meanwhile is suffering from some type of mental illness, dementia or something and is talking of strange things. The Countess' daughter convinces Lord Thorpe that Alexandra is a fake who is out to cheat the countess from her money. He is trying to ignore the intense feelings he is developing for our h, and it all becomes quite intense when she is kidnapped and taken to a brothel. Whenever Alexandra and Sebastian Thorpe are together, it can get quite steamy and the passion between them is quite intense. I don't want to spoil the story, so I will refrain from giving away any more of the plot. I will say this story was quite different from the hundreds of historical romances I have read and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.