Daizydee

Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Open Country - Kaki Warner
Molly's sister, who is on her death bed, begs Molly to take her two children immediately and run from their step father. Molly is running from some horrible men who include the step father, who are after a book that they want for nefarious purposes. Molly knows nothing about this book, but her little niece and nephew are filled with anxiety.
While on a train headed for California, there is an accident that leaves many injured or dead. Molly was raised in a hospital and battlefield helping and assisting her father who was a doctor/surgeon/genius but never gave her what she needed as far as affection or love but she is a nurse with tremendous medical knowledge. So naturally she finds herself helping the wounded. She overhears that there will be a 300 dollar payment to the widows from the wreck and makes a sudden decision to claim that she is the fiance' to Hank who has been so terribly wounded that he is not expected to live. The preachers wife has a soft spot for Molly and the kids so she insists that her husband do the right thing and marry them even though Hank is in a coma. Brady shows up and when the Dr tries to amputate Hanks arm, Molly takes over and heals Hank. Brady realizes the whole marriage is a farce but blackmails Molly into coming to the ranch to take care of Hank and Jessica as she is pregnant again with twins and he fears for her life.

I will have to say that I liked this book even more than the first, Pieces of Sky
The characters were so well developed that you were totally immersed in the story. I will say though that I found Brady annoying in this story. I don't usually like books with kids in them but the two in this broke my heart. Molly, when we got to know her, broke my heart. Hank, broke my heart. There was a scene about 3/4 into the book, where Hank found out the truth to the marriage. The way he "punished" her was so heartbreaking for both of them that I actually cried for them. Something I rarely do.
All in all, this was a great story, with lots happening, a very bad, bad, sicko, bad guy, and an emotional twister.