Daizydee

Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Wicked in Your Arms - Sophie Jordan
Grier Hadley is the headstrong illegitimate daughter of Jack, who is very rich from being some kind of king of the underground who is looking to become part of London society by marrying off his illegitimate daughters to titled gentlemen. It seems more can be learned about that situation by reading [b:Wicked Nights With a Lover|7875939|Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)|Sophie Jordan|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nKdQkbmTL._SL75_.jpg|11063208] although this book can be a read alone and is part of a new series, I think somewhere it should state that the books are tied together. I felt as if I was missing something about her father and sisters. After researching this authors books, I discovered they are tied.

So, we meet Grier at a ball with her sister Cleo (Cleopatra) and Grier is hiding behind the plants listening to everyone gossiping about her, putting her down for her common/lowness. She overhears Prince Sevastian Maksimi discussing her with is cousin and he states that she is good to bed but not to wed. She proceeds to pour her glass of lemon water over his head. This book was rife with sexual tension between them from there on, and I will say the tension was written very well. Grier was just awesome, she held up her head high in the most horrible of circumstances and even though she knew what everyone thought about her.
Sevastian was also awesome. You wanted to hate him at first, but came to understand him and sympathize with him over the way he felt he must do his duty. But oh my, what a hero he turned out to be ~sigh~
So I guess now I must go back and read the series The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls Mostly because I want to know Grier's back story, also because I loved this author's writing.