Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Unforgivable - Laura Griffin Another great romantic suspense in the Tracers series by Laura Griffin. We met Mia and Ric in the last book Unspeakable (although any of these can be read as a standalone) Mia works as a DNA expert in a cutting edge lab. In the previous book, Ric was using his man powers of flirtation to get Mia to help him with an old case. It worked, and seemed things were going someplace for them in the romance department. With the start of this book, we see that did not happen, Ric never called her again in the 4 months since the case ended. Now here she is after she has been carjacked and almost killed, and a police officer who tried to help her was killed, with Ric coming in as the detective on her case. At first I was really pissed off at Ric, he is still very attracted to Mia, but does not want a relationship at all. It seems he just wants to have her then forget her. She can see this and is very hurt, she is definitely a relationship person and is very attracted to Ric. Mia is the type to ask questions, like where is this going. Ric is the type to keep quiet and run.
When it seems the carjacking was not random and someone is after Mia, Ric becomes obsessed with her safety as well as the case. She is hiding some big things from him about case evidence that could but every case she has ever worked on in jeopardy as well as her career.
This was a great page turned that kept me up half the night to finish. I am anxious to start on the next one!! (less)