Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
To Taste Temptation - Elizabeth Hoyt A great start to what looks to be another great series by Hoyt. It seems to me that a lot of the first books in a series are truly gems in their own rights or awful because of all the building up for the rest of the series. This one was closer to the gem mark.
Unlike a lot of the other reviewers, I did not hate Emeline. She was exactly what she should have been for that time and place. Add to it her life events that she had faced, I could well understand why she could be such a cold bitch. Sam was also attracted to that part of her personality, so it worked.
As for Sam... well yummmmm.. need I say more?
I am looking forward to reading the next in this series To Seduce A Sinner the main characters, Melisande and Jasper were great secondary characters in To Taste Temptation.

One of my favorite passages:

Their time was over.
She sighed and snuggled the blanket over her mouth. He watched the small movement greedily, drinking it in, committing it to memory. Soon. Soon now he would get up and walk to the door, leaving this room and making his way through the silent house. Let himself out into the dawn. Go back to the town house that wasn’t truly his. In two days, he would board a ship and spend over a month watching the waves as he sailed back home. And once there? Why, he’d continue his life as if he’d never met a woman named Emeline.
Except, while his life might look the same from the outside, it would be entirely different on the inside. He wouldn’t forget her, his warm lady, even if he lived for six decades more. He knew that now, sitting by her cold fire. She would be with him all the days of his life. As he walked the streets of Boston, as he conducted his business or chatted with acquaintances, she would be the ghost beside him. She would sit with him as he ate, she would lie beside him as he slept. And he knew that when his time on this earth was at an end, his last thought as he entered the void would be of her.
The scent of lemon balm would haunt him forever.