Daizydee

Through the Smoke
Brenda Novak
How To Tame Your Duke
Juliana Gray
Snapped - Laura Griffin Another five star book in Laura Griffins Tracer series!

This is Jonah Macon and Sophie Barrett's story. Sophie is the receptionist at the Delphi Center but we first met her as Alex Lowell's new assistant in Untraceable and she played a major part in the last book Unforgivable, which is also where we first meet Jonah.

Sophie is still uneasy with her life after the attack from the maniac in the last story. Jonah was the one who saved her life. Sophie decides to take some college courses as she wants a promotion at work and she comes from a family of doctors so she has a need for improving her life. She has no wish to pursue her singing after the attack.
While she is at the campus trying to park, she gets cut off from a prime spot by an old green VW. She gets pissed off, but finds another spot. When she gets on the campus, someone goes on a rampage and starts shooting at people on campus killing 3 and wounding many. Jonah finds out Sophie is there and does all he can to keep her safe. Later, Sophie finds out the shooter is the owner of the green VW, and theorizes that there was more than one person involved in the rampage as there was not enough time for him to get from the car to the spot where he was shooting from. Unfortunately, no one wants to believe this theory but Jonah is the only one who at least is looking into it. He fears for Sophie's life after she goes public with her theory and he proves to be right.

There was a lot of fast paced action in this story that kept me on the edge of my seat and kept the pages turning. Lots of HOTNESS between Sophie and Jonah with a spectacular ending.

Bonus: We also got a peek at a very pregnant Fiona Glass from Thread of Fear when she came in to do a forensic artist sketch of the driver of the green VW.... I love when authors do that!!